February 11, 2016
Irvine, CA – (February 11, 2016) – The Center for Digital Transformation (CDT) at the UC Irvine Paul Merage School of Business will hold its signature conference, “Road to Reinvention: Leadership in the Digital Age,” on Thursday, March 24. With an agenda designed for senior executives and board members, the conference will take place at the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center, 100 Academy in Irvine, California.
“Incumbent companies are striving to stay relevant in an increasingly digital world. Executives tell us that they know they have to transform their organizations. The truth is there is no easy answer – no one has cracked the code on reinvention,” said Vijay Gurbaxani, founding director of the CDT and Taco Bell Professor of Business and Computer Science at the Merage School. “Our research has identified key dimensions of digital transformation that every business must address. We are bringing together experienced innovators to share their expertise with our audience. By investing a day, executives will gain valuable knowledge and be equipped to lead their own initiatives.”
Among the featured speakers are:
- Bill Ruh, CEO, GE Digital & Chief Digital Officer, GE
- Vivek Sharma, SVP, Digital Guest Experience, Disney Parks and Resorts
- Robert Dixon, SVP & CIO, PepsiCo
- Brian Niccol, CEO, Taco Bell
- Michael Chui, Partner, McKinsey Global Institute
- Tom Frangione, COO, Greylock Partners
- Raj Talluri, SVP, Product Management, Qualcomm Technologies
- Charlotte Yarkoni, President, Telstra Software Group and Co-Founder, muru-D
- Dominique Giannoni, CEO, Thales Inflyt Experience
- David Rose, CEO, Ditto Labs
- Alex Bard, CEO, Campaign Monitor
- Roxanne Austin, Board of Directors and former Interim Chair, Target Corporation
- Julie Hill, Board of Directors, Anthem
- Bhaskar Chakravorti, Senior Associate Dean of International Business & Finance at The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Larry Smarr, Director, California Institute for Telecommunications and IT & Harry E. Gruber Professor in Computer Science and Engineering, UCSD
- Rick Chavez, Digital Business Advisor & Former GM, Marketing Solutions, Microsoft
- Xavier Zang, VP, Solutions & Growth, Krux Digital
- Vijay Gurbaxani, Founding Director, Center for Digital Transformation
Structured as a one-day executive forum, the Road to Reinvention will provide participants with new knowledge, contrasting viewpoints and actionable insights from peers who are building and reinventing organizations to succeed in the digital economy. The conference sessions will highlight the specific challenges that companies face on the road to reinvention: how technology is changing competition; new business models; the business impact of the Internet of Things; the role of the CEO and Boards in leading digital transformation; navigating amidst constant change; and providing a view into the future.
The 2016 Road to Reinvention conference is made possible by generous sponsors including: Accenture, Avanade, AVASANT, Delphix, HCL, Hitachi, Liferay, SharpDecisions, Slalom, Technossus, Telogis, Time Warner Cable Business Class, Trace3, UPS and Xerox. Seating for the event is limited. To register, visit: centerfordigitaltransformation.org. Register by February 26th and receive the early bird rate of $395. Register together with a colleague and pay $300 per person. Beginning Saturday, February 27th, the regular rate of $595 will apply.
About the Center for Digital Transformation
The Center for Digital Transformation works to advance the competitiveness and productivity of businesses in the digital economy. Guided by a distinguished and talented external advisory board, we provide executives with a better understanding of the dynamics of the digital revolution and what these forces mean for their industries and organizations.
**Complimentary Media Access:
- Media may register to attend the conference using the link below and entering the complimentary discount code MEDIA (non-case sensitive): http://merage.uci.edu/RegisterEvent/road-to-reinvention-2016
- A live feed will also be available for members of the press. Please contact Megan Marburger, Assistant Director, at email@example.com for more information.
About The Paul Merage School of Business
The Paul Merage School of Business offers four dynamic MBA programs, a Master of Professional Accountancy – plus PhD and undergraduate business degrees – that deliver its thematic approach to business education: sustainable growth through strategic innovation. It graduates leaders with the exceptional ability to help grow their organizations through analytical decision-making, innovation and collaborative execution. In-class and on-site experiences with real-world business problems give students the edge needed to help companies compete in today’s global economy. To learn more, visit: merage.uci.edu.